Sunday, February 20, 2011

Palm springs follies

One more picture from the AT&T

 On to Palm Springs

My friend Shirley told me to be sure to see the Palm Springs Follies and she was right, it was excellent.  Leslie Gore was the headliner.  This is the 20th year of the follies and they were spectacular.  The youngest person in the follies was 62 and the oldest 76.  You would not believe how beautiful the girls were.  They were all about six feet tall with 4 foot legs.  These pictures do not do them justice.  I can't use old as an excuse anymore for my body falling apart.  Hey, they were all Vegas dancers and Broadway stars at one time.  What can I say



I apologize for the quality of the pictures, I took them off of the program.

 LESLIE GORE (Sorry I couldn't figure out how to rotate picture)
Her famous song was "It's my party and I"ll cry if I want to"  (Boy that's really dating me)
 If you are ever in Palm Springs be sure to go to the Street fair at the College of the Desert on Saturday or Sunday.  It's the mother of all flea markets.
Later









 



1 comment:

  1. Bev, I think it's their wigs that make them look so young, it can't be their beautiful long legs and thin figures can it? We could get a wig and look young too!

    ReplyDelete